Friday, November 2, 2012

Cameo by the Author and Ramblings

You know what? There are few pics of me on this epic tome. So I had Karren snap one while I was slappin' paint on the wall. We are working hard to finish the master bedroom so that we can move up from the basement. I'm tired of living like I'm in a fallout shelter! I like to paint everything white, cause it keeps the blues away...


As we were taking down the various blinds and moving baseboard heaters there are the obligatory sheetrock patches that have to be done. It's a good thing I am -

"DRYWALL MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!"


A wee bit o' mud and it will disappear:


Sheetrock is my friend. Cedar shakes are mine enemy.

Speaking of shingles, the shingling of the roof is virtually completed. We can now weather the weather, whether it snows or whether it rains. I hereby vow that I will never shingle another dwelling in my life! You get the idea. Karren and I will install the last ridge vent and cap shingle section on Saturday, weather permitting. The remaining items to address on the roof include, 1) installing another brace kit for the chimney (hey, I want it to stand up to a tornado), 2) Painting the small vertical wall section on either side of the great room, and 3) completing the caulking of the high windows. Of course our mud room off the kitchen is still left to work on because it is a project in itself, as it is pulling away from the rest of the house because of concrete settling problems. That job will have to wait for another time when I really want to torture myself. This place ought to be called Club Gitmo.

On a rather sad note, I started work this week at Home Depot. I am working the 5AM-10AM part time shift as a shelf replenishing technician. They have some other name for it but that is essentially the task I will throw myself into at 0 dark thirty. At least I will have my weekends free. Kinda sad that the days of the "kept man" are over. And I thought this woman I followed to Idaho would bathe me in luxury, satisfying my every whim as I mused about life sitting on my a**. Oh well, life's a beach! Looking forward to meeting some of the older folks that work there; so far all my trainers and mentors have been about six or seven years old.

I have no more pics for the blog as of yet, so I'll be shooting some when we finally get the crap off of the roof and the yard cleaned up. The bedroom flooring will be on the schedule for next week as well. Looking for excitement? Come on out to Idaho where the work never seems to end and the end is nowhere in sight. Where's that big bowl of Halloween candy?.....

No comments: